DISCIPLINE & RULES
Discipline & Rules of our polytechnic college in pune.
- Uniform as prescribed by the institute is compulsory for all the students.
- As specified in MSBTE rule O-G4-1, minimum 75% attendance is compulsory for each subject. Student having attendance less than 75% shall not be eligible for MSBTE Exam.
- Every student must complete prescribed term work as per the completion schedule fixed by the institute.
- Periodic tests are compulsory and conducted as prescribed in the curriculum. Marks secured by candidate in these regular tests are considered for sessional marks.
- Students must be punctual in attending theory lectures & practical's.
- Student coming late to classes will be marked absent.
- Student must strictly observe the term work completion schedule. Marks will be deducted for late completion of term work.
- Student must maintain silence & strict discipline within & outside classroom, workshop, library, laboratories & at all other areas of campus.
- Student must have their identity card while they are in college campus.
- Any act on part of student causing damages to cleanliness of any part of campus will be charged with heavy fine.
- Indecent and rude behavior with any employee of polytechnic will be viewed seriously.
- Religious festival like Holi, Dahi Handi, etc will not be permitted in college campus.
- Students should not litter in corridors & should not disturb others.
- Students must take care of all their belongings like calculator, vehicles, instruments etc. the polytechnic will not be responsible for any loss.
- Any material given to students during practical shall be property of polytechnic.
- Student shall handle all laboratory instruments & equipments with due care. Any loss/damages caused to institute property by students will be recovered from students.
- Students must read notices displayed on notice board of institute.
Rules and Regulations for Student's
- As per MSBTE rule RG-4D (i) Students have to put in satisfactory attendance of at least 75% of the total Lectures /Periods in each Theory /Practical /Term work/Tutorials/Project work separately in each and every subject of the Semester as per the Teaching scheme of the Board.
- He / She has to satisfactorily complete all the specified laboratory Practical’s/Term work /Projects / Sessional etc .prescribed in the curriculum for the Semester /year
- He has to show satisfactory progress in his studies and good conduct .
- Students must attend lectures, tutorials, practical as per the time table displayed on Notice board from time to time.
- They should not be absent for lectures, tutorials, practical, and examinations without written permission of the HOD .
- Prolonged absence even on the ground of ill health may also lead to detention.
- Students will not be given any concession in the matters of attendance or rules regarding appearance in the college examination . Disciplinary action will be taken against such students.
- The Identity card is meant for identifying bonafide students and is used for permitting the students to participate in various activities and programs , if the ID card is not worn by the student he/she may be fined.
- Lost of I-Card must be immediately reported in college office and if not found then application for duplicate I-Card should be made to the HOD .
- Every student should wear a clean uniform while coming to the college .
- No student is allowed to display any notices/circulars/posters/banners in the college premises without the prior permission of the Principal.
- No students will be allowed to conduct any kind of political activities in the college premises.
- Students are not allowed to bring their relatives/friends in college premises.
- Students must take proper care of college property, action will be taken against the students damaging the college property and they will be required to compensate for the same
- If, for any reason continuance of a student in the college is found detrimental to the best interest of the college, the Principal may ask the student to leave the college without assigning any reason and the decision will be final and binding to the student.
- Students shall not do anything inside or outside college that will interfere with college discipline or tarnish the image of the college.
- Students are not allowed to communicate any information about college matters to the press or any other social media.
- College timing should be followed strictly.
- During the time of practical’s and lectures student should not roam in college premises.
- E-library can be used after college timing and with proper permission.
- Student should follow all the rules and regulations of the college.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited.
- Student should read notice board and regularly visit college website.
- Use of electronic gadgets like mobile phone, digital camera , I-phone , MP3 players are strictly prohibited during lectures and practicals and also in the college premises, failing which they may be fined, and if the same mistake is repeated their gadget may be confiscated.
- In case student is absent for more than 3 days they need to submit medical certificate to the class teacher with duly signed application from the respective HOD.
- Institute level Committees for students
- Anti ragging Committee
- Women’s grievance Committee
- SC / ST Committee
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
SECTION – ‘D’
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
- Who so ever directly or indirectly commits, participates , abets , or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall , on conviction , be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any students or, as the case may be, the parents or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall, without prejudice to the fore going provisions , within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint and if , prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received; he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final . If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above.
- As per the Appendix 10 of the AICTE Approval process hand book “Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging” is given below :
- In view of the directions of the Honorable Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student , or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance , hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students,
What Constitutes Ragging ?
Raggingconstitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it : sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails , posts , public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure , vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting ragging in technical institutions:
- The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents.
- Every single incident of ragging , a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following :
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation processes
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet , tournament , youth festival etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment : When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified , the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers .
- Feedback Forms Frequency Details
||Type of Feedback
||Once in a semester Before every PT exam every semester (approximately in the mid of the semester)
||Feed Back From Students regarding the Teaching Learning process and the general facilities available in the campus
||Once in a semester
||Feedback regarding the progress of their wards
||During the Alumni meet
||Feedback regarding the suggestions for improvement in the Teaching Learning process
||After the recruitment of the students and joining of their duties
||Feedback regarding the performance of the students in the industry and their technical know how
- Faculty Performance Appraisal and Development System (FPADS)
- Student's Feedback Form
- About progress of the students’ performance
- About Infrastructure , placement , facilities , Extracurricular activities
- Syllabus Covered chapter wise , Syllabus covered % up to end of the semester and Teaching Style Every semester feedback from students for each theory/practical subject attended by them during the previous/current session
- Students Complaint Register
- As per nature of complaint preventive and corrective actions are taken
- About general resources that are satisfactory(related to academics & other facilities)
- Once in a month About the quality of food and ambience