ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The institute was established in the year 1990. It consists of
best Diploma engg college,
pacious buildings for various Engineering Departments, sports ground, canteen, and mess which are spread over large area of land under Pimpri Chinchwad New Town Development Authority popularly known as Pradhikaran. The plot has been developed into a beautiful landscape in the vicinity of Akurdi railway station.
Akurdi Station is about 20 kilometers away from the Pune Railway Station on the Pune-Mumbai Railway line. The Institute is at a walkable distance from Akurdi railway station. The pc polytechnic is a top
Diploma engg colleges in pune,
it is very well connected by bus routes with many parts of Pune City. Rickshaw and buses ply on roads from Nigdi-Bus stand on Pune-Mumbai high-way to Akurdi station.
- To educate and train students in engineering and technology.
- To prepare them for successful employment in industry / business, self enterprise, higher education by providing quality based teaching and learning process.
- To identify themselves as good individuals and responsible citizens.
- One among first top ten Institutions in the state of Maharashtra by providing skill based programs as per the technology demands by achieving consistently 90% outcomes and become autonomous Institution.
- To prepare Graduate for successful employment across the sector of industries.
- To prepare the students for higher education.
- To prepare students to set up their own enterprise/business activity.
- To prepare students to be a good citizen, professional and life-long learner.
SWOC Analysis of Institute:
Strength of Institute:
- PCP is 25yrs old institution in Maharashtra which is affiliated to AICTE, DTE and MSBTE.
- Progressive management with a positive attitude.
- The institute is located in Industrial hub and well connected by road, rail and air.
- Good Infrastructure and Experienced faculty.
- Spacious library with rich collection of books, journals, magazines, news paper.
- Good computing and internet facilities with access to wifi connectivity.
- Major Industries such as Bajaj Auto, Tata Motors, Wipro, L&T, SKF bearing visited campus for recruitment.
- Active participation by students in co curricular and extra curricular activities in the Institute and also in other Institutes.
- PCP has strong Alumni base and are working in companies in India and abroad.
- Students with higher percentage prefer the Institute.
- Excellent platform to develop academic and professional skills of the students.
- ISO certified Institute. Very good and excellent remarks by MSBTE.
- Virtual Learning Center and ISTE student chapter created for students development.
- Industry Institute Interaction and EDC cell is established for the students.
Weakness of Institute:
- Admission status is poor for certain courses.
- Higher teaching staff turn over is to be verified from data of faculty retention ratio of various programmes.
- The internet facility of Virtual Learning Center is not utilized completely.
- Institute can organize skill development program for students and staff
- Institute can organize training for staff.
- Institute can have Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) with national and international industries/organization to increase the Institute Industry Interaction.
- Institute can create earn and learn facilities for needy students specifically rural students to meet the financial need during the programme.
- Institute can create the resource generation through testing and consultancy.
- By taking industrial based project, new ideas for product development can be generated.
- Institute can implement smart technology in campus.
- Students from rural area are the challenges owing to their living standard, language.
- Due to financial instability it is difficult to stop drop out if students during programme.
- Consistency in result is the challenge due to the poor intake percentage in few branches.
- It is difficult to maintain the requirement of industries because industries are upgrading as per the requirement of customer whereas institute is following MSBTE curriculum.
- Pollution free surroundings
- Good infrastructure
- Good Hostel facility for needy students
- Hygienic and nutritious food provided by Mess
- Internet facility available all time
- Well-equiped laboratories
- Well qualified, experienced and trained teaching staff
- Consistently good results
- Special attention given to students for training and placement
- Extra guidance given for personality development of the student
- Extra curricular activites like sports, seminars, industrial visits are conducted
- Periodic liaison with parents/guardians
- Training & placement cell available