SAP Training Program at Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic
SAP SE, a global software company, is one of the largest vendors of ERP and other enterprise applications. The company is headquartered in Walldorf, Germany.
According to its 2016 corporate fact sheet, SAP serves more than 335,000 customers in 190 countries, of which 80% are small- and-medium sized businesses (SMB). The latter fact is a more recent departure from the company's previous focus on large organizations.
SAP's SE system enables companies to run their business processes, be they accounting, sales, production, human resources or payment, in an integrated environment. The integration ensures that information flows from one SAP component to another without the need for redundant data entry, and it helps enforce financial, process and legal controls. SAP's ERP system also facilitates effective utilization of resources (the R in ERP), be it machines, production capacities, manpower or other assets of an enterprise (the E in ERP) through detailed planning (the P in ERP) of resources.
The SAP Training Program was takes place for diploma students of second year and third year at best Mechanical diploma engg college in Pune.
SAP Training Program at Best Mechanical diploma engg college in Pimpri Chinchwad
History of SAP
- SAP was started in 1972 by five former ,IBM employees in Mannheim, Germany. The original name for SAP, Systeme, Anwendungen, Produkte, is German for "Systems, Applications and Products." The original idea for SAP was to provide customers with the ability to interact with a common corporate database for a comprehensive range of applications in real time.
- In 1973, SAP released R/1, a financial accounting system. R/1 ran on IBM servers and DOS, and it had a single-tier architecture in which presentation, applications and data were on one platform.
- In 1979, SAP released R/2, a mainframe system that provided real-time data processing across accounting, manufacturing, supply chain and human resources. R/2 used a two-tier architecture, where presentation was on one platform and applications and data were on another. R/2 helped power SAP's growth, and the vendor expanded its customer base to about 200 companies.
- In 1992, SAP released R/3, which represented a switch from mainframe computing to the client-server model, and from a two-tier to a three-tier architecture, in which presentation, applications and data were housed separately. R/3 was a critical product for SAP that launched the company onto the world stage.
- In 1999, SAP launched mySAP, which marked a new strategy for the company of focusing on combining e-commerce software with the applications in R/3. One year after R/3's release, SAP partnered with Microsoft to port the new version to Windows NT. By 1997, SAP employed 13,000 people.
- In 2004, the company launched SAP Net Weaver, and it reported that more than 1,000 customers acquired the application development platform that year. Also in 2004, the successor to R/3, the SAP ERP system (or SAP ECC, for SAP ERP Central Component) was released. Customers already using R/2 or R/3 were still supported, but new customers were required to implement SAP ERP. By 2005, SAP was generating $8.5 billion, with upwards of 35,800 employees around the globe.
- In 2006, the company claimed hefty revenue from SAP Business All-in-One and SAP Business One, its SAP ERP systems for SMBs.
- In 2009, SAP Business Suite 7 became available to customers worldwide. At the time, SAP called it "the company's next-generation software suite enabled by service-oriented architecture,/."
- In 2011, the company launched SAP HANA, an in-memory database platform. HANA was a major development project for SAP, and an important new strategic direction for the vendor, which has said it intends HANA to take the place of the traditional databases SAP has used for its business applications. SAP has offered HANA as a deployment option for Business Suite, and, in 2015, released S/4HANA, an ambitious rewrite of Business Suite optimized for the HANA platform.
- As of this writing, Bill McDermott is CEO of SAP, a position he has held since May 2014. In the four years prior, McDermott was co-CEO with Jim Hagemann Snabe. Meanwhile, company co-founder Hasso Plattner is a member of the SAP Supervisory Board and continues to help lead the technology strategy for the company.
List of SAP modules and developing products
The SAP ERP system, or SAP ECC, is the collective term for SAP's functional and technical modules that enable enterprises to manage business processes through a unified system. ECC is the on-premises version of SAP, and it is usually implemented in medium and large-sized companies. For smaller companies, SAP offers its Business One ERP platform.
SAP ERP has different main modules, which are separated into functional modules and technical modules, each of which has sub modules.
SAP's functional modules include:
- Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Project System (PS)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Controlling (CO)
SAP also has cross-application components, which can be implemented with any of the main modules.
Some of the cross-application components are:
- Document Management System
- Product Lifecycle Management
SAP technical modules include:
- SAP NetWeaver
- IS (Information Systems) Management
- XI (Exchange Infrastructure)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP HANA
Further, SAP also has industry-specific applications that support business processes unique to a particular industry. Some of these applications are:
- SAP for Utilities
- SAP for Insurance
- SAP for Oil and Gas
- SAP Healthcare
SAP Business Suite is a bundle of business applications that provides integration of business and processes, as well as industry-focused functionality. It has SAP ERP as its foundation, plus modules for customer relationship management, product lifecycle management, supply chain management and ,supplier relationship management. SAP customers can choose to run Business Suite on SAP HANA, its in-memory platform for processing large volumes of data in real time.
SAP Training Program at Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic
In this way SAP Training Program was arranged at Best polytechnic college in Maharashtra Which is Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic
Mechanical Department(Second Shift)
Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic