“Web Page Designing ….!!!”
HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags
- HTML tags label pieces of content such as "heading", "paragraph", "table", and so on
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags, but use them to render the content of the page
- With HTML you can create your own Web site
A Simple HTML Document
<title> Page Title </title>
<h1> My First Heading <h1>
<p> My first paragraph</p>
My First Heading
My first paragraph.
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like <p> and </p>
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag
- The end tag is written like the start tag, but with a forward slash inserted before the tag name
Write HTML Using Notepad or TextEdit:
Web pages can be created and modified by using professional HTML editors.
However, for learning HTML we recommend a simple text editor like Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac).We believe using a simple text editor is a good way to learn HTML.
The purpose of a web browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari) is to read HTML documents and display them.The browser does not display the HTML tags, but uses them to determine how to display the document:
- All HTML elements can have attributes
- Attributes provide additional information about an element
- Attributes are always specified in the start tag
- Attributes usually come in name/value pairs like: name="value"
To acquire basic knowledge about HTML students can take admission in best polytechnic college in Pune. In Polytechnic, MSBTE Curriculum Web Page Designing subject is present. This subject enables to create different website. After learning this subject student will be able to create own website.
In Computer Engineering Department Best Computer Department in pune various guest lectures are arranged to enhance student knowledge.for practical knowledge different workshops arranged so students from Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic best polytechnic get full knowledge about any subject.
Follow the four steps below to create your first web page with Notepad or TextEdit.
Step 1: Open Notepad (PC)
Open Start > Programs > Accessories > Notepad
Step 2: Write Some HTML
Write some HTML into Notepad.
Step 3: Save the HTML Page
Save the file on your computer. Select File > Save as in the Notepad menu.
Name the file "index.htm" and set the encoding to UTF-8 (which is the preferred encoding for HTML files).
Step 4: View the HTML Page in Your Browser
Open the saved HTML file in your favorite browser (double click on the file, or right-click - and choose "Open with").
The result will look much like this:
Lecturer, Computer Department
Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic, Nigdi,Pune.