Difference between Automobile Engineering & Mechanical Engineering
Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic 01-08-2017
Is Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering the same? What is the difference between Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering? Does mechanical and automobile engineering these two branches are interrelated to each other?
If any of these questions sound like you, then it is necessary to visit www.pcpolytechnic.com.
Pimpri Chichwad Polytechnic, which is the best Diploma Engineering College in Maharashtra.
What is the basic difference between Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the design, construction and operation of machinery. On the other hand, Automotive Engineering specifically deals with the construction and design of automobiles. Automotive Engineering is a sub branch of Vehicle Engineering. Automotive engineering is also considered as a sub-branch of mechanical engineering that has split from the main branch to focus on the field of automotive study.
Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that primarily deals with the tools and machines. It focuses on the production, design and application related concepts concerning the tools and machines. This branch plays a vital role in the development of processes and products. However, the products may range from a tiny component to a massive machine.
Mechanical Engineers are involved throughout the lifecycle of a product; whether it is a research phase or a development phase. This engineering field covers a broad spectrum of devices and machineries. The engineers are widely employed in diverse sectors like manufacturing, power, construction and medical industries.
If you want to choose your career as a Mechanical Engineer then acquire knowledge needed for it from Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic, Nigdi http://www.pcpolytechnic.com/mechanical/aboutus.html
Automotive is used as an adjective that indicates something that is related to or concerned with motor vehicles (automobiles). It denotes anything that is pertaining to motor vehicles; anything that is propelled by a self contained motor, engine or the like. Therefore, Automotive Engineering also deals with the construction and designing of automobiles.
If you want to choose your career as an automobile engineer then acquire knowledge needed for an automobile engineer from Pimpri Chinchwad polytechnic, Nigdi. http://www.pcpolytechnic.com/automobile/aboutus.html
Details about Automobile Engineerin
- Construction and lightweight construction
- Automotive production
- Vehicle drives and acoustics
- Vehicle control systems
- To learn the basics of engineering.
- To understand and assess the safety engineering.
- To measure the fuel economy and emissions.
- To understand vehicle dynamics. New prototypes are designed by keeping these issues in mind.
- To evaluate durability and corrosion engineering concepts.
- To understand and plan the costing model of a vehicle.
- To assess the quality in the production process.
- To design automobiles.
- To focus on the maintenance related processes of the automobiles.
- Automobile Engineering Technicians
- Safety Engineering
- Emissions Research
- NVH ( Noise, Vibration and Harshness) Engineers
- Performance Engineer
- Vehicle Dynamics Controller
- Operations Research
- Elements of Auto Engineer Lab
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Engineering Lab
- CAD/CAM lab
- Auto Pollution and Control Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Heat & Mass Technology Lab
- Automotive Engines Lab
- Production Technology Lab
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Design of Automobile Components Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Vehicle Maintenance Lab
Details about Mechanical Engineering
- Power Plant Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- HVAC Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering
- To design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications that improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Develop a project specification.
- To develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- To solve complex problems related to manufacturing process.
- To make a product that performs consistently in specified operating environments.
- To manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- To plan innovative products and processes related to machinery and tools.
- To provide the specifications and outline designs.
- To develop research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills.
- To consider the issues related to cost, safety and time constraints associated with a machine or a tool
- Engineering and manufacturing –
It includes areas such as transport, rail, energy and telecommunications. Typical employers in manufacturing include automotive and aircraft manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and consumer goods.
- Energy and utilities –
It includes the career prospects in drilling, construction, diving supplies, energy transportation, petrol retailers, or refineries.
- Automation Engineering Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Theory of Machine Lab
- Metrology Lab
- Energy Conversion Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Fluid Power Lab
- Measurement Systems Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Non-Conventional Energy Systetems Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Engineering Metallurgy Lab
- Research Lab
Ms. K.M. Dalvi
Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic